Monday, August 1, 2016

Jardin Caxingui - June 20, 2016 and June 27, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm on. Let's talk.

I'm good. Tell Dad that I wish him a happy Father's Day.

So, the two missionaries in the photo are Elder Gimenes and Elder Johns. Elder Gimenes leaves to return home on July 19th and he is from Franca, SP, Brasil. Elder Johns is from Spanish Fork, Utah, and he has a few months left.

The hanger my ties are on is actually for pants.

The meals here aren't all that different from the States. They are usually homemade. A couple of times this week we had to buy lunch because members had something come up, so they gave us money instead. Another time a member wasn't at their house during lunch so my companion and I went to a store called Makro and ate at their restaurant. We usually give lessons to the members when we have lunch with them.

I am receiving the photos that you sent me just fine. About MissionTies... Did you cancel the service? A few days before I left the MTC they (the MTC) gave me a message to cancel the service. But the Lady at MissionTies told me that she would send the messages to the mission office, if there were any. I have not gotten anything from MissionTies since my last P-Day in the MTC.

That's so sad to hear about Simon. I hope that he feels better soon. I saw the pictures of our furry face cats. Thank you for sending them.

I have a question. Did you use Google StreetView when trying to find our apartment? When in GoogleMaps you can access this feature. The photos that you sent... You can't see the apartment from the Satellite photos.

Oh, on Saturday morning our heater for the shower water broke, so it was pretty painful to take a shower. Bit it was fixed by the next morning.

What's happening in the States? I heard about what happened in Orlando. But what I didn't know is that it happened in a LGBT night club.

You asked about a Junerio celebration here in Brazil? I still don't know much about the celebrations down here.

I was able to ride on the bus to the Stake Center of the São Paulo Stake for the baptism. I can say this, Michigan doesn't have the worst roads in the world.

I'd say that the buses here are pretty similar to Michigan. We don't ride the busses too often because we can still get to the stake center relatively easily. But, we had to this time because missionaries at the stake center called us and said that all the preparation we had done had been un-done during the night.

Patricia's family members are not members. But, that will be my goal before I leave the area of Caxingui.

I might take pictures, but, it is not very pretty in my neighborhood. And the place I go to use a computer is called a LAN HOUSE.

I saw a person get hit by a car while trying to cross a cross walk. She was OK, but it looked painful.

I LOVE YOU!!!!








--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, June 27, 2016


I'm on! I want to talk.

I'm doing well. How are you?


So, I don't know why my new card isn't working at the McDonald's. I insert the chip, and almost immediately it rejects it. The machine rejected it in less than five seconds after I inserted it. I didn't even get to the part where you enter the pin. Please call the bank and tell them but now, please. Of course you know this. I am still able to eat.


Here's how church money works down here. The mission deposits money onto your card every 15 days. You go to Bradsco bank to take all the money out in cash. You get an email from Ecclastical Cards about your transactions on the card.


Anyway, more about other stuff with you in America.

The lady in the photo is Ana. She is a less active becoming active again. She is 20-something and has a two year old child named Tiago (James). We were at the temple for baptisms.

In one of the photos...
Premiere=first, (symbol for baptism), Patricia, was written on the cover for the pizza.

I saw the apartment in the photo you sent.

I didn't make those designs, Elder Johns did. Just neat designs for the Zona do São Paulo.

Guess what today means? 1/12 of the way home.

Have you figured out how to get StreetView in Google Earth?

Are you kidding me? Grandma's cat Milo is missing? I think it was Wednesday, but a cat came up to use yesterday at Ana's house. Probably had a similar story to Maple, being domesticated. So I gave her attention and then handed the cat off to Ana. I was telling myself the entire time, "Do not get attached."

When I was teaching an investigator about the BoM, I was given the opportunity to give the opening prayer. She had a few friends over. Because they're Catholic we held hands during the prayer. One of them (who doesn't believe anything we say) ws speaking jiberish during the entire prayer. I was like, "What is this?!" Yep, that's the best story I have right now.

Just in case we get cut off, I LOVE YOU!!!!! Oh, and I told my companion about our nightly tradition,

"Good night, sleep tight,
Wake up bringht in the morning light,
To do what's right with all of your might!
I love you!
Good  night!"

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment