Saturday, July 30, 2016

Jardin Caxingui - June 9, 2016 and June 13, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Bradshaw's Email
Thursday, June 9, 2016

Yes! We received your son, Elder Houghtaling, Elder Wright, Elder Siglin and Elder Cazier here in our mission on Tuesday. They arrived well and are already in their own areas carrying out the Lord's work with their Trainers. You will receive his letter of arrival either today or tomorrow!

His P-day is Monday. You should receive an email from him then.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us! We were happy that we received each of these missionaries. They are ready and excited to be able to carry out the Lord's work.

Best regards,

Elder Bradshaw, Secretário Executivo
Missão Brasil São Paulo Oeste


--
Letter of Arrival
Friday, June 10, 2016


 


--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, June 13, 2016


Hey! I want to talk! Hey, Mom. I'm on now with about an hour of time.

I'm really close to the Temple but it isn't in my area. My area is Jardin Caxingui. Elder P. Lima is a cool guy who has about a year left in the field. There was an Elder Lima in this mission when he got here so they added the middle initial to this tag. He's from the capital of Brazil, Brasilia.

Will you send everything to the mission home, and they will forward it to me in the field. I got your package on Thursday. However, I have not gotten the 2nd package yet.

I'm doing well. I'm trying to speak Portuguese, and I'm just not fluent. Something weird about the Portuguese language is the di makes a gi sound. I suggest talking with Paula about pronunciation. I think there is a slight difference, I think Portugal is more formal than Brazil.

We have our first baptism this Friday. Her name is Patricia. We will take pictures.

We have lunch appointments because apparently dinner isn't a celebrated meal here. Occasionally we and the other elders in the 'apartment' will order some food and have it delivered.

There are two sets of elders in our apartment. I share a room with my companion.

I am staying warm during the day. Once you become used to the weather, and then it drops below 20 degrees C, it will feel cold. BTW I do know the forecast because I was able to see it on the missionary portal. I am not cold at night because of the Michigan State blanket Dad is letting me use.

I do know that we live near our ward building, which is not in our area. Ha! We don't even live in our area! There are no buses, it's about a seven minute walk into our area. And were about 30 minutes by foot from the Temple.

Laundry is gong well. We have to hang everything in the house because we don't have a dryer. Showers are warm, but we have no furnace. And, yes, we have multiple fans.

Yes, I was able to read your entire email and others before you responded. Have you been checking the forecast for here? About the winters here, they seem like Spring, or Fall in the States.

I have an approximate address:
93 Rua Joao Correa da Silva Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 05541-200 Brasil

Our apartment building is the gray door to the right of the gray garage.

I don't think you can flush toilet paper but I'm not sure. I'm sure a little bit won't hurt the system.

An answer to your question about if Brazilians take showers multiple times a day; my companion takes a shower in the morning and the evening.

Oh, there is a McDonalds in my area. We ate there Friday for dinner. All of the food is pretty similar to the USA. I like the food here.

Oh! I packed the wrong exercise pants. I packed the small ones.

I have seven minutes. So, the guy that runs the computer bar here currently is playing some fantasy game, and his laugh is quite annoying.

I LOVE YOU!!!!! Until next week!























Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment