Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Jardin Caxingui - July 4, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, July 4, 2016

I'm on!! No, I have not had a chance to read all of your emails yet. Happy 4th of July to you, also!

Alright. I have read all of the emails. Yes, I received a lot of emails.

WHAT THE HECK!!!! That stupid lady! Are you sure Dad is alright? Of course I saw those pictures. I'm glad that he is ok. I hope his car can be fixed. Is it paid off? Do you think that his car is totaled? If so... (hopefully not) he can always buy a new Chevy Cobalt in Brasil. It costs a minimum of 60,000 Reals.
http://www.chevrolet.com.br/carro/cobalt.html

They have S10 trucks here. New. To find out more go to chevrolet.com.br to find out more about the S10. But the bed of it is really small.

How cool! Grandma and Grandpa got a new boat! What are  they going to do with the old pontoon?

I'm doing well. I am thankful for Dad's blanket. And, I can say that it is doing well. I use it to keep warm during the night and during study time. It was warm last night. I think 24 degrees Celsius. Thank you for the forecast, although I think it is a little inaccurate. But, it gives me an idea of what to expect.

For breakfast, I have a kind of roll with butter. It is more of a white bread roll, not like a sweet doughnut. And yes they do have milk in Brasil. But it is about 5 Reals per Liter. I am not drinking the milk here because the milk here is like water with cornstarch. There is absolutely no nutrition in it. They do have ice cream and leafy vegies here. And, I do eat a lot of them. I weigh about 75Kg. They do have pancakes here and cereal.

Here's some stories:

On Monday, seven days ago, me and elder Johns were going to a family home evening and we came into an area with stray dogs. Unfortunately, they are a little territorial, and about a pack of five were coming down the hill we were walking next to. This was a situation where you don't run because, if you do, thy will chase. We continued walking (quickly) and we lived another day without injury.

On Saturday, our Stake had an activity for volunteer day. Me and Elder Johns were making contacts during this activity in the streets. Towards the end of the activity the workers there had questions about the temple. So, we took them over to and inside the temple, and talked with them about the church and temples. They said that they will go to church on Sunday. Although, those people live on the other side of São Paulo.

When I tell Brazilians how big the engine is on my car they are awe struck because the engines here don't exceed 2.5L.

There is a tradition of missionaries; the burning of a shirt after completing one year of their mission.

I will send more pictures later.

I LOVE YOU!































Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment