Saturday, July 30, 2016

MTC Sixth Week - June 1, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

---
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I'm on!

How are things? Yes, I got your letters from Mission Ties and I had a wonderful birthday and week. Thank you for the pizza last week. My instructor Fernanda Fuoco got me a gigantic cookie, which everyone in my district enjoyed. Elder Burt and Elder Wright's moms got us two pizza parties? Thank you! The pizza is so much better than the pizza at MTC. Yes, I love that pizza. I also got the card Grandma Berger sent me. Thank you for the gigantic cookie that I will pick up at Mr. Cheney's today. Mission ties wasn't able to print off all the pictures that you sent.

Do you want to hear about my proselyting activities?

On May 14th, was the day in history when Brazil legalized marijuana, and the street we were proselyting on was having a parade for it that day. So we were giving out Book of Mormons to people who I don't believe were high, but there was a lot of tie-die stuff being worn. Me and my companion talked to this film crew that was covering the Festival, and they rejected it. I also told them weed is bad. And then we gave a Book of Mormon to a famous comedian at the even. Talk to Sister Fuoco about it. But, we were able to give out all the books (5 per person) that day. And, those past Saturday we were proselyting on the same street with the same amount of books. Except this time there was an LGBT parade that was happening the next day. So, we avoided those who are gay because they tend to have anti Mormon feeling. And nowhere in my emails did I say I felt safe.

I'm always watching for potential threats. But, maybe its me being dropped into a different culture and I'm the minority.

Char emailed me along with Derick Augst, Elder Stewart and Elder Banham. I still need to email Elder Feil. I was going to say this earlier but it slipped my mind.

I know I am leaving the MTC on Tuesday morning. And, because I'm going to a local mission I don't have to get up as early as the people who are boarding a plane to go to the mission field. My companion is going to Floripa so I might have to get up early because companions stick together. I am excited!

I am also glad that the last P-Day will have more than one hour outside of the MTC. He will be traveling with another group of Brazilian missionaries going to the same mission.

Bye! I love you!


Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment