Sunday, October 23, 2016

Jardin Caxingui - August 8, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, August 8, 2016


Alright wired things are happening this week. I´ve had 2 dreams about Dad... and Chevy Cruzes. The first one was Dad´s new white one, but it was the hatchback types commonly found in Brazil, and I got to drive it also. The second one was Dad had a green sedan cruze. In the second dream I asked what happened to your White Cruze? He responded something $1,500 to fix.


How much did his car cost? I saw an internet price of $18,000 for his car. Oh yeah, the Cruze I saw in my second dream possibly was a rental car.


On Thursday or Friday, we were locking up our chapel. We saw two teens walking/running fast, we knew they were up to no good, and no less than 2 minutes later a woman and a man came running down. My companion asked what happened, and they said that they had been assaulted.


I think she lost here phone and her wallet, but not her purse. I saw her throw her purse on the ground in a fit of rage. And yes guns are illegal in Brazil, making safer for citizens...



Also what isn´t helping is there is this new game called Pokemon Go! that was released a few days ago. Its a geographical game and its causing kids to have their iPhones out all the time in the streets, making easy thiving for thugs.

A good thing about Pokemon Go... There is a Pokemon store right by the Temple, a great opportunity to preach the gospel.


I mean, the Pokemon store is on church property. Mom... Its not an actual store... it is a geographical place that the app recognizes to be an area in which you can buy stuff for your Pokemon. I was shaking my head and I sighed because I needed to explain this to you.


Because Church property is like a garden, the creators of the game thought it would be a good idea to utilize almost all of the gardens places where you can get, trade, and buy Pokemon stuff on your phone. You can only see the Pokemon via the app in your phone using the camera. I actually have not been on Temple grounds in a long time, but the church owns a lot of property near the temple. They have a church Headquarters and also a Distribution Center and a Stake Center in the same property, and soon to be a Visitor's Center.

We rearranged our apartment. The rearranging happened on Tuesday night and was complete at around midnight. Well... the schedule is were supposed to be in bed at 10:30, but its more like 11:00.

Yes, those are My Little Pony stickers on my bunk bed. I think Spencer Fadenelli was here... He used to wear My Pretty Pony t-shirts to school a lot.


The 50 on our t-shirts stands for the Stake of São Paulo because this stake is 50 years old.


I know that we aren't having problems with Gmail. But, I'm having problems with the space bar that is causing me to be delayed. These computers have Windows 7 but it is relatively old.


I have not bought new exercise pants yet. I am very glad to hear the Christensen family is staying in Kalamazoo!


I have one package waiting for me at the mission office.


Regarding the Olympics, I heard about the gymnast that broke his leg on Saturday.


Oh well. I LOVE YOU!
























Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment