Sunday, October 30, 2016

Helena Maria Ward, Osasco - September 5, 2016 and September 12, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil


--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, September 5, 2016


I'm on. I reeeeaaaly want to talk. Just give me a minute or two to read the weekly message from the president.

Well today a member, Geraldine Maia, who is friends with you on Facebook from Cotia, will be taking Elders Srur, Munhoz Jr. Adão (Adam), Marinho, and I to a shopping mall in Osasco today. I will be taking photos. So far I'm liking it here in Helena Maria.

Yep, my transfer went well. We had a member drive us to the mission office and then a different member drove us to the new area.

One imperfection about our house is, it is small, really small, and there is a river that runs right next to our house. This river is more of a river of sewage, comparable to the river in Lehi's dream. Some days we can smell this river. Other days no. But it creates a problem with mosquitos. I use repellent every day and night. And also the church provides repellent. I've killed a few already. I'm ok without the mosquito net, but thanks anyway.

So, Elder Cazier was transferred to a different mission. He is in Belem, Brazil. He was transferred because of his allergy sickness.

Aw, I want to be there at the cabin with everyone. How are the others doing (Grandma, Grandpa, etc.)? I can't wait to see the pavers that Noah, Grandpa, and Bob are installing there.

Our time was cut short because I waited a half hour waiting for you to reply. It did give me time to read your really long letter. Just in case we get cut off tell everyone I love them!

I LOVE YOU!

Elder Tylor Houghtaling, Elder Michael Wright, and Elder Kyle Burt - Reunion at the Mission home on Transfer Day.
Photo from Maria Wright.

Elder Tylor Houghtaling, Elder Michael Wright, and Elder Kyle Burt - Reunion at the Mission home on Transfer Day.
Photo from Maria Wright.

Oh... P-Day...










Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil


--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, September 12, 2016



I'm able to talk now.

I'm doing quite well... So I heard about Elder Cazier. When my ompanion Elder Srur was training him, Elder Cazier had a head ache almost every day and was also fainting. So he was transferred to the Belem Brazil Mission. And things didn't improve so, he returned home.

Here's the thing with our weather now, its hot all the time. And then its a comfortable warm during the night. Overall good. I don't think it is comfortable during the warmer months

Elder Srur is great. He is really a cool companion.

I have not heard from Derek or my other friends in the past couple of weeks; I have only heard from missionaries back home.

In the videos, none of the elders are performing anything. And, the videos in the church were from a ward activity about the different cultures in Brazil.

Have you heard about Gabriel Costa, the son of Edi Costa? Gabriel will be reporting to the Brazil CTM on November 2nd, 2016 and then he will be serving in the Brazil Salvador South Mission.

How are things back home?

So, I was searching through the area book for people that live on the road Av. President Costa e Silva and I came across the name of Widisley (pronounced Wigisley) and so we visited him yesterday. Well, he is a 15 year old. Him and his sister are interested in the church but the father is less than interested and wishes to stay Catholic. He will allow them to take the lessons but I don't know about baptism yet.

A youth in out ward said this to his mom that told this to us on Friday, that Elder Srur and Houghtaling are the first missionaries in about 5 years that he's actually liked. His name is Helamã (Helaman).

But I do have to say that this area is so much better than my first area. In terms of being able to have a good group of investigators. The answer to your question is Jardim Caxinguiui, Zonã São Paulo. My new Zona is Osasco.

Elder Siglin is in Villa Sonia. They have a separate house where they live separately from the rest of the zone.

Our house is on the second floor in the back of the building that is on the address of João Bueno Valadão, 4, Helena Maria, Osasco, SP, Brazil.

We have a washing machine in our apartment. I believe all of the mission houses have washing machines.

I'm glad we are still only an hour ahead of you.

Oh yeah, sorry for making you cry the other day. After my mission I really want to return to Brazil to tour the country with you and Dad.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!

Here's some Portuguese for ya!




My chapel is huge! It has three floors.




















Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment