Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Macedônia Ward, Macedônia B - Campo Limpo Stake - November 21, 2017 and November 27, 2017

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Tuesday, November 21, 2017


Happy Thanksgiving in two days! Black Friday in three days.


P-Day is today, Tuesday, this week.

Yesterday was a holiday called "Consciência Negra." But that's not the reason why P-day is today. We went to the Temple today. If my calculations are right, I only have two more temple trips (including one with President) before I'm back home.

Today I was able to take a bus that entered service this month, a 2017 Caio Millennium BRT to the temple. To make Dad proud I noted the route and number of the bus. 857P-10 Metrô Paraiso, #7 2288.

That is great news about my MP3! I also have developed a taste for Pentatonix Christmas music. It's great.

I spoke with Sister Thacker, remembering that I successfully evaded her in the last multizona. I wasn't trying to escape... She was just concerned about my feelings because of Miss Eric.

While in the office today I picked up the letter that Grandma sent me recently. Tell her that I'm thankful for it.

This week is the Ward's outing to a farm, and everybody is amped for this event. We received authorization from President Thomas to go. We have to return to the area after Lunch. KM 303 Rodavia Regis Brittencourt São Lourenço da Serra, State of São Paulo. At least that is where I think the farm is.

It was Saturday night around 8:30, on our way to visit an investigator, it started to rain. So we opened up our umbrellas and continued. The rain and wind picked up a lot to the point where we had to seek shelter from the storm. We ran to an over-hang in front of a closed. The wind was so strong that we still became practically drenched.

I love you!!!
I saw Barbara Freitas from Caxingui at the Temple on P-day.

I saw Barbara Freitas from Caxingui at the Temple on P-day.

I saw Barbara Freitas from Caxingui at the Temple on P-day.




This is an attention-grabbing cat





A heavy storm last night, made us live by candle light.





Grease-man drinking water. I thought that this logo with a man and 2 pizzas looks like Glenn Beck. Sort-of.


Grease-man drinking water. I thought that this logo with a man and 2 pizzas looks like Glenn Beck. Sort-of.

Photos of the 2017 Caio Millennium BRT bus that we rode to the temple

Map of the Missions in the Greater São Paulo area.
If you see the center point of the City of São Paulo, it is split in to two missions West (left) and East (right). The bigger mission to on top of the West mission is the North mission. The smaller mission underneath the West mission is the Interlagos mission. And to the right of them is the South Mission where you see the point of São Bernardo do Campo. On top of São Paulo North Mission is the Campinas Mission. Underneath everyone and sandwiched with the ocean is the Santos mission.












Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, November 27, 2017

I guess I'm happy right now. I haven't received any calls about the transfer. That means I'll be staying in the Macedônia Ward for six more weeks, and in area "B" for three transfers. After this next transfer, I'll have 12 weeks until I see the airport again...

The Church has started #LightTheWorld for this year.

Also, in the Ward Directory there appears to be three missionaries for the ward serving, Savanna, Tyler Dudley, and me. Who is this Tyler Dudley? Where will he serve? Did he enter into the MTC recently?

The ward's activity in São Lourenço da Serra was a blast. The only thing that we were able to do is talk, take pictures, play pool, and dream of how nice it would be to enter into the pool or river. We had to return after lunch according to the words of President Thomas. We were only able to return around 4pm, because no one was going home before this time.

On our way back after the activity, I learned that there is a law in which no one in a car can put his arm out of the window. I learned this illegal because I had my arm on the door, how I normally drive, if you remember. He asked me not to do that, as he can be ticketed for that. I almost said to him that going 30km/h over the speed limit (100km/h) can also get him ticketed. I chose not to say that as too not lose friendships in between the members and the missionaries.

Nothing much more has happened this week. We're still working with a few families, with the hope that they'll continue to progress towards baptism.

To answer your question, we weren't able to make it to the investigators house last week, but this week, yes.

Which scriptures do you want to make the cover for? The quad? or for the triple and/or the bible in Portuguese?

I have a leather triple in Portuguese, and a standard bible and triple in Portuguese. I think I would like a leather cover made for the standard triple and bible, if possible. From whom are you ordering this cover?

Yes, they are two separate books. If it’s possible can you make one for each? If it’s not possible than one for the triple is just fine.


They are the same size. Both are the soft cover in Portuguese, the same size as O Livro de Mórmon (capa mole) that the missionaries give out every day. You can tell him exactly what I wrote, I think he'll understand.


I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

P-Night with the other Elders.

P-Night with the other Elders.

Our old chapel's state at the moment.

Our old chapel's state at the moment.

The beginning of yesterday's activity.




Enviado de Câmera Samsung









Oh! How I wanted to enter into this waterfall.



















Last week we had a miracle of eight investigators in sacrament meeting. We received recognition in the card for this.




Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment