Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Macedônia Ward, Macedônia B - Campo Limpo Stake - December 4, 2017 and December 11, 2017

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, December 4, 2017


So, you left me laughing as you stated that I only have four months remaining, or two more transfers after this one. Your count is right about me having fifteen transfer cycles.

Forgive me for my errors in English, I'm honestly forgetting how to spell words...

Yes, I'm doing well. The week was relatively quiet. On a split with Elder Cruz (Zone Leader) in our area, I learned that Elder Ronald A. Rasband burned the mission president in a conference in Santos, SP about the awards for the Pattern of Excellence, and also about the recognition in the weekly card for various records for the week. So, these awards have stopped.

Sister Albuquerque was in the CTM at the same time I was and went home this transfer with Sister Bollar who arrived in the CTM one day after I arrived in the field. It’s two years for everyone, except for Sisters.

This past Saturday, December 12th, we helped some members from the ward feed the homeless who live near the Praça do Campo Limpo. We met a member who had fallen away on drugs, who still had a powerful testimony about The Book of Mormon. A sister from the ward, who will be going to Paraguay practiced sharing about The Book of Mormon, and gave a book to this homeless lady.

What a surprise about Jonas Little! Michigan must be his destiny... It would’ve been funnier if he was called to serve in the Lansing Mission, then be transferred to our Ward. But, he is in the mission where Wendy lives.

This afternoon we had a Zone Churrasco in Stake Center. It was great, but the entire zone didn't come. On our way there, we took a new bus with air conditioning and USB charging ports. I used this opportunity to charge my camera.


I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Invite for Missionaries to come to the Christmas Party on 12/12/2017

My New Planner for this Transfer (#15)

My New Planner for this Transfer (#15)

The Scriptures in Portuguese

The Scriptures in Portuguese

The Scriptures in Portuguese

Feliz Natal de São Paulo

Feliz Natal de São Paulo

Weekly Card






Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, December 11, 2017


I'm not sure what I should write about this week. I'm about two weeks behind in my journal. Unfortunately, I’m trying my best to keep up, and to catch up, but I’m unable to.

We got our hair cut today. Before that we had gone to the mission office to see if our packages had arrived. Unfortunately, they haven’t yet. So, today here in the Lan house, we tracked these packages to see where they are. It appears that they’re out of delivery. If they arrive today, we’ll wait to pick them up at the Mission Christmas Party tomorrow.

This week we had a zone conference (in the place of multi-zone) that included companionship interviews with President Thomas. Yes, you heard that right. Zone conferences and interviews are now together, and interviews with President are now together with your companion as well. I personally don’t like these changes very much, because interviews should be one on one. He’s doing this to save time so the missionaries aren’t traveling to the office more than a few times every transfer.

Are you sure that you phone is having problems? Are you forgetting charge your phone sufficiently?

Yes, last Monday I had bought a new resister for the shower, so we’ve been able to take warm showers for the past week.

The reason why I asked about this whole thing is because I’ve heard a lot of confusing information, anything about the "New Jerusalem" (by members). Passing by a television, I saw people burn the American Flag (normal for that part of the world) and also military swat teams casing down and dispersing the crowds.

The Brazilian barbeque "Churrasco" is made up of meat salted in Sal Grosso, that is cooked by a charcoal fire, Rice, Farofá, and a maionese salad. Members usually drink Coca-Cola while eating a Churrasco. Yesterday, Sister Grusa, and Elias made us a Churrasco.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes, last Monday I had bought a new resister for the shower, so we’ve been able to take warm showers for the past week.







Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment