Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Jardin Bonfiglioli Ward, Jardim Bonfiglioli - Raposo Tavares Stake - December 25, 2016 and December 26, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Sunday, December 25, 2016 - Merry Christmas!


It was wonderful talking with Elder Tylor Houghtaling on Christmas Day. Skype video and sound was breaking up so we switched to FaceBook Messenger using video, and we could see and hear him! He was so happy to see us, also. It was difficult hanging up at the end of our time.

Thank you to Vivian Queiroz and Jerry Hashimoto for making it possible for us to visit with Tylor! Thank you for your love and friendship.

















12-24-2016 Photo Courtesy of Vivian Queiroz

12-25-2016 Photo Courtesy of Elaine Rodrigues - Elder Houghtaling is sharing the candy canes that were sent to him in a Christmas package from his Grandma and Grandpa Berger.



Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, December 26, 2016


Hello!

I am reading through your email right now. And one more item I would like is more Shave Secret. I am not thinking of anything else to send at the moment. And yes, I've finished reading your email.

I like the idea of having the Christmas phone call or Skype. I like the idea of conference calls next time. I think Skype was slow because there were about 7 other people trying to use their cellphones as the missionaries were Skypeing with laptops.

I think the best way to combat cockroaches is to keep the house clean. Ours isn't that clean or organized. They do have ways to enter our house like both the front and back doors. The cockroaches are huge.

Your house looked clean to me but then again I was trying to see detail in something pixilated.

There was a member in Helena Maria that served with Lianne. Her name is Aldria Franco.

It is nice Grandpa played "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". I wish I could see the video but I can't download anything because of the computer that I am using.

I have been practicing, "Angels We Have Heard On High".

I am not fine with this LAN house because of the old technology, and having to click on every single ad just to get them to go away.

Next Tuesday is Transfer Day. Elder Guimarães has been here about 6 months so it is likely he will be transferred. But I might be District Leader the next transfer.

I have slept well but I also had a dream about recently returning home, with a weird sickening feeling that I had returned home early. But I was with Dad in some mall that I've never seen getting my hair cut by a person with scissors that were really dull, like, they couldn't even cut. You asked what would happen with the missionaries if there was a war. We might get reassigned, but Brasil hasn't been involved in any war.

The mission president stopped by for a visit, which isn't common at all. First time in the mission for me. The visit went well. He helped my companion feel better, as he is feeling tired with the same routine every day. Also, there is an added area the includes a university here in São Paulo.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Tylor would love to hear from you: 
tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment