Monday, November 21, 2016

Helena Maria Ward, Osasco - November 14, 2016 and November 21, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil


--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, November 14, 2016


Hi Mom! I'm on and ready to talk now.

I'm doing fine.

I'm glad about it all; the election, my ballot arriving in time... The mainstream journalism here has been pushing for Hillary. One thing I have to explain to everybody that's asking me about the election is that it's unlikely that Trump will kick all the strangers out of our country. What I've been telling people is both are bad, but Hillary is worse because she is having problems with the FBI and corruption.

Thank you for the photos that you sent, including the photos of my car.

The General Authority that was here on Friday was Elder Brent H. Neilson. He brought along a cool Christmas video that has not been released to the public yet, but it is awesome. It has the #Lighttheworld. We were in the São Paulo Stake center to hear from Elder Neilson in the afternoon until 6pm.

Before that, in the morning, we were in the Osasco Stake center for the Osasco Zone Conference. Zone conference only happens once a month. Then we walked to the train station in Osasco to get a train for Pinheros, and then we walked to the subway for Butana. The Christmas photos are of Butana. Then to arrive in the Temple we payed for the bus.

I did not purchase the blue and yellow Michigan State t-shirt that you asked me about that was in the photo I had sent you a while ago. I wish I did though. I would need permission to go back to Alphaville where the Decathlon store is because it is outside my mission.

No, I was not able to see the super moon last night. It was raining all night long. Thank you for sending me a photo of this though. I saved it. I will try to take some photos of the moon tonight.

Thanks for your concerns about my companionship and well being. I never received a call from the president. But I did receive a call from Elder A Dos Santos asking me how my companionship is, and that the president is concerned.

On Saturday, after lunch, I was waiting for my companion to finish up what he was doing with his planner. But it turned out he was waiting for me to stop waiting for him. And on Wednesday, he drew a graph on a piece of paper. Growth vs. Time on the Mission. He asked me to point to where I was when I started and where I am and where I'm going for one year. I chose. He then told me that I was wrong and I'm not growing at all. I said that I am growing and that his opinion is just his opinion.

I LOVE YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!








Butana

Butana

Butana

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, November 21, 2016


I'm on! I'm being transferred to Jardim Bonifiglioli, in the zone (stake) of Raposo Tavares. Well, I'll tell you my new companion's name next week because I don't have the slightest idea of how to spell his name. Elder Srur, my companion before Elder Alves, is a zone leader in Raposo.

I heard that Elder Marinho is returning to Osasco (Rochdale B) and Elder Basilo is going to stay with Elder Siglin in Ibiuna. And Adão is staying in Osasco but only going to the other district in the area of Villa Yara.

I am happy and sad about this transfer. I am sad because I'm leaving behind Henlena Maria and Rose, Roni, and family.

And transfers are tomorrow. Oh. Last week I sent a package that weighs about 3.66kg. I have the tracking number but its not with me.

I have an interactive map from the church that you can use to find my ward buildings:
https://classic.lds.org/maps/?x=find&find=mission:1964631#ll=-23.497403,-46.795022&z=16&m=google.road&find=here

I'm staying warm enough now so you don't need to send the long sleeve sweaters. Because I'm returning back to the city of São Paulo I will be in a warmer area.Thank you, Mom. Please send them in a few months, like March or April. Nah, I don't need you to send me anything yet. I'm good, but I do like the pictures.

Can I recommend something? When sending photos I think it is better that you send the photo separate from the letter because the letter gets all strung out. This way I won't have to scroll left and right a thousand times just to see all the text.

I don't have anything planned for Thanksgiving. I think the only time the mission will do soemthing is when its Christmas, which is in this transfer.

I think I will miss the thought of snow but only the good parts about it. I like our new thermostat. Whose idea was it to buy it?

My current companion and John Boy do look a lot alike. Thank you, Wendi! We do look like a bunch of hitchhikers with our thumbs up! Haha, Molly!

I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!! Te amo, Mãe!



Elder Tylor Houghtaling and another missionary - Photo courtesy of Vanda Cunha

Vanda Cunha - Como é bom ir para igreja - How good it is to go to church - Photo courtesy of Vanda Cunha

John Boy from the Waltons

My companion Elder Alves looks a lot like John Boy with these glasses - Photo courtesy of Vanda Cunha































Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment