Sunday, November 6, 2016

Helena Maria Ward, Osasco - October 17, 2016 and October 24, 2016

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil


--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, October 17, 2016


I'm on. Elder Alves is in the October 17, 2016 photo. So far things are better than I thought they would be. We have had different ideas of planning our day, where we will go and who we will contact. I also think we should talk with new investigators, ask questions like, "How is your day?", or other small talk to help the investigators to warm up to us. He will do the small talk with people he knows and with Munhoz Jr. people, but not with people that he doesn't know. It is awkward. He has six more months on his mission than I have. The District Leader has helped us to resolve things. The president responded to concerns in my email to him last week. He said, "I hope you can see this companionship as a challenge to overcome and succeed, and to do all that you can to make it that way. I'll try to keep a close eye on things. Please keep me informed of any problems." This message and your prayers will definitely strengthen me.

I am so glad that you are now a church service missionary. I've been wondering when and if you would receive this calling. I didn't say anything as to not spoil the surprise that I and the ward have been keeping for a while now.

Oh, I think you are able to order me another name tag for me to use with my suit. Will you please order the tag with the magnet on it? I like the magnet better because I won't have to clip it onto my suit.

Also, please get into the group "Mission São Paulo West 2016-2019" on Facebook for me.

I hope the Correios (Brazil Postal Service) does not delay my Absentee Ballot in Rio. I think it will be delivered within the next couple of days. I hear the Correios here makes USPS look good.

We had a lot of rain Thursday and Friday because we are arriving into summer here, so its hot with sheets of rain. I have been caught in these sheets of rain but I had my umbrella with me, so it was all good. It is sunny skies today and the heat is pretty strong here. I'm glad to hear you are having nice weather there.

Daylight Savings was rougher than I thought it would be. I was very tired yesterday. Our session is short because we have our zone leader with us today.

I don't live near an airport but I'm close enough to see planes turn for final approach at the Congonhas Airport in São Paulo.

What is happening at home?

I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH as well!


October 10, 2016. Elder Srur and Elder Houghtaling having Dinner with Rose Dantes, Alves Dantes, and their Children. Photo courtesy of Rose Dantes.

























October 11, 2016 - Transfer Day at the Mission Office. These are the Elders being Transferred



October 14?, 2016 - Elder Houghtaling with his new Companion, Elder Alves Having Dinner with Rose Dantes and Alves Dantes. Photo courtesy of Rose Dantes.





Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, October 24, 2016

I'm on. My Absentee Ballot still has not arrived. The problem is everybody in the mission office leaves to do actual mission work at 5:00pm. Is the ballot you sent me in a card or packet? 

I liked the photo of Dad wearing Brother Ford's BYU ties. Other people liked it too.

An answer to your question... I don't know if it is a holiday or not.

You also asked about a sweater vest that I have been wearing. It was left behind by an elder before me, but I guess I'll be using it now. You asked about how my water bottle is holding up... It's good. Thank you for sending me a new filter in my Christmas package.

We have a new computer? The screen is 21.5"? That's cool! I am glad to hear that nothing was lost. I hope you will set up Skype because that's all they use here.

The photos of Derek's Navy Farewell party were really nice. I wish I was there.

I still need to find a way to send stuff back, so don't send me a lot of stuff for Christmas. I could ask the members but I would have to give them money to ship it. In Osasco, most people are a level of poor. We do have Correios in my area and we have boxes that I can get from the local supermarket. President Thomas is a very busy man and I don't want to burden him with my stuff.

I received a call from the executive secretary, saying that something just arrived like a packet. It is the thick packet so it must be the Halloween packet. I already talked with them about the two packages and they know that you are worried about the ballot. I told them about the mailman that keeps coming after hours, so I hope someone will wait.

Thank you for telling me about the international transaction fee every time I use my debit card here.

Things have been ok with me and my new companion. To remain happy, I have been reading the Adjusting to Missionary Life booklet that Bishop Christensen gave me. And, I've been leaving the area to him.

I LOVE YOU!!!!

 October 22, 2016 - Elder Houghtaling with his new Companion, Elder Alves Having Dinner with Rose Dantes and Alves Dantes. Photo courtesy of Rose Dantes.

October 22, 2016 - Elder Houghtaling with his new Companion, Elder Alves Having Dinner with Rose Dantes and Alves Dantes. Photo courtesy of Rose Dantes. 

 October 22, 2016 - Elder Houghtaling with Anildo Dantes. Photo courtesy of Anildo Dantes. 

October 23, 2016. Elder Houghtaling and Elder Alves with Viviane Silva. Photo courtesy of Viviane Silva.

October 23, 2016. Photo courtesy of Lorena Cristina.























Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment