Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Macedônia Ward, Macedônia A - Campo Limpo Stake - July 31, 2017 and August 8, 2017

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, July 31, 2017



I'm doing well. I wasn't too happy about the transfer either. But I'm glad to hear that you were able to search for you own spiritual answers, and receive them. Look at it this way, there is something that the Lord sees in me, and felt that I should go to this new area and help new investigators and members. President Thomas, when praying about the transfer felt that I should be companions with Elder Dias.

Elder Dias is from Goiânia, and he will be completing his mission this transfer. I don't know who is Senior or Junior. We are Macedônia A in the ward of Macedônia, Campo Limpo. There is another companionship here in the ward. Elder Lisboa and Elder Laborda. We don't live with them. They live in a house that belonged to the Sisters.

Yesterday we brought a recent convert to church, her name is Tiffany. Unfortunately, she left half way through sacrament meeting. I don´t know why she left yet, we will make a return visit in a few days and see what happened. One day before that she had fought with her brother (which we walked in on). She had lied to her brother saying that her son’s father was trying to take her son away, because she doesn't like him.

On Saturday, the ward had a Intagration Night, but it was cancelled because no one showed up...

In this new ward, the missionaries make the calendar for missionary lunches with the sisters. My companion brought this up in the ward executive committee meeting, and the ward promised to call someone to take care of this because it shouldn't be this way.

I didn't make a voice recording for this week.

I wish Dad luck on his Class A Test!

Keep praying and studying the Book of Mormon.


I love you!!!!!!

(Tylor sent a recording of Elder Do Carmo and him singing, "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" in Portuguese.)











Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, August 8, 2017



Good afternoon,

Yes, today was a Temple P-Day. So, we got to the temple around 9:00am when the session started at 10:30am.

A few Sundays ago, a member of our ward, Paulo, invited us to have lunch with him on Av. Paulista. This is the same road that the CTM drops the new missionaries on to invite people to read the Book of Mormon. So, we "cashed in" on that offer today. He gave us the option of eating at New York a hamburger joint or Taco Bell. Yeah, there's Taco Bell here. Or at a restaurant and less of a fast food called Tolloco. We ate at Tolloco, a small taco restaurant that is not authentic but they make good Mexican food, like tacos, and burritos. I ate a burrito with nachos and sour cream. It's been a long time since I had sour cream. These restaurants are situated near Av. Paulista, near the art museum. Oh, mas! They call it Museu de Arch, in São Paulo.


When we went to Av. Paulista today, I saw a lot of homeless and poor begging for money. I didn’t give anything because missionaries only have enough money for their needs. A family approached me asking for money to by diapers and baby food. I recommended that they visit one of our churches and there will be someone there to help. They continued to insist, but I didn’t give.

As I'm writing the email at this point, the Lan House has a radio playing "Save a Prayer for Me Now" from Duran Duran, I think. Now I'm thinking about home.

On our way back we stopped at the LAN house and then at Correios near the temple to check on that package that I told you about last week in the email that was delivered to the mission office on the 26th of July, 2017. I have some disappointing news. Correios says it was delivered, but the mission office said they never received it. Today, I stopped by the Correios before the Lan House. They gave me a number to call to get further information. But what I told you now is what I know up to this point. Unfortunately, this package is not in the mission office and it's not in the Correios.

To clarify about the Senior/Junior thing. It generally who has more time in the mission, or in the area. I'm not sure how to describe it. It appears now that there can be two seniors as companions. One thing I learned about the mission, is there is no such thing as rank, in which one is higher or better than the other. But it is the position in which the Lord calls you to be.

An intagration night is a ward activity for every member and organization of the ward. (PotLuck, Dinners, War Christmas Parties) Except the missionaries give the message and organize the activities.

From my camera, I sent photos on Sunday, and the Sunday before that. I don’t know why you are not receiving them. Maybe it is the church's Wifi in my chapel. We will be going to the Stake Center for church for now on, as our chapel is being renovated. It will reopen in November.

Congratulations to Dad that he earned his Class A license! Also, Happy Birthday, and Feliz Dias dos Pais!

The house is looking beautiful, with the new paint and piano!

I will be writing another letter soon to make up for the lack of recordings.


I LOVE YOU!!!!!
















Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net



No comments:

Post a Comment