Friday, March 9, 2018

Cotia 1st Ward - Cotia Stake - February 12, 2018 and February 19, 2018


Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Tuesday, February 12, 2018


I'm doing well.

I'm enjoying the new music player. It's loaded with 170 songs, everything from Pentatonix to The Nashville Tribute Band. Did you buy all of those songs on iTunes? My companion and I are enjoying all of this new music. Thank you soo much for it.

Actually, everything in the package is good. I liked everything.

The Hero's meeting was this last Tuesday. It was basically a motivational training by President Thomas and Sister Thomas for the missionaries who are throwing in the towel. Unfortunately, missionaries quit too early and destroy the relationship between the missionaries and the members, and depending on the situation, up to six months to repair and gain the confidence again of the members.

LaWynn is the name of the mother of Elder Brown.

We weren’t able to meet with the Oliveira Family this week. They got caught up in their work and cancelled on us. But, their daughter, Kimberly, is on the Stake Youth Conference during this time of Carnival. Luckily, we were able to count all of them as investigators in Sacrament meeting.

On my way to the Hero’s meeting, near the mission office, President Thomas crossed paths with us and gave us a ride to the mission office.  I was with Elder M. Souza, and Elder Ahmad. I notice that the car clock was 9 minutes ahead, so I offered to fix that. When we got to the mission office, President Thomas gave me his car key, and I changed the clock. It's the same procedure and your Chevrolet Cobalt.

When I get home, I'll want to drive a lot. Just to "matar saudades."

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!








Many trucks have something religious on them.

2-11-2018 I gave a discurso in sacrament meeting today.

2-11-2018 I gave a discurso in sacrament meeting today.

2-11-2018 I gave a discurso in sacrament meeting today.






Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Tuesday, February 19, 2018




The new transfer starts on 20/2/2018 and ends on 3/4/2018. I will be completing this transfer in the Cotia 1st Ward with Elder Brown. Just one difference, in addition to this heavy calling as a missionary, I have to check up on two other sets of missionaries (Granja Viana, and Cotia 2nd), and keep this district organized. Yes, I was called as a district leader.

Well the photos I sent of the accident (car and bus), were taken using our cellphone's camera. By resolution, I meant pixels, or to just better the image overall. I’m sure this can be done with an easy to use program. I didn't have my camera at the time.

Well, Carnival was the13th (officially) but the parties and traveling come and end before and after this date. Just ask Paula Burt or Elder Wright's mother about this. They’ll be able to explain more than I can. We had gone to the LAN house early to have more of a P-Day.

I saw on Thursday, at the local Extra Supermercado, eating at a McDonalds, I saw breaking news of a School Shooting. I believe it took place in Florida. I'm surprised that you nor Elder Brown's mom said anything. Continuing, the media a few days later put epic music to cellphone videos and news footage and included statistics of school shootings to re-enforce a fear of guns.

At this same McDonalds, we ordered our food using a giant screen, and then we just took a receipt to the cashier to pay and complete the order. I like it. It seems like a good idea.

The important thing to remember is, if he wants to repent, he should be taught repentance. But if he has committed a serious crime (Question 4 of the baptismal interview) he'll have to be interview by the mission president to be approved for baptism, because we teach repentance and baptize the converts.

I'll keep praying. The next time I'll be going to the temple will be much later in the transfer, like week 5.


I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Some pictures that we took with our Nokia. Can us please increase the resolution?

Some pictures that we took with our Nokia. Can us please increase the resolution?

Some pictures that we took with our Nokia. Can us please increase the resolution?

Some pictures that we took with our Nokia. Can us please increase the resolution?




Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net



No comments:

Post a Comment