Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Nova Granada Ward - Osasco Stake - March 6, 2017 and March 13, 2017

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, March 6, 2017


I'm on!

Yay for USA's Daylight Saving's time this coming Sunday. We will only be one hour ahead of you!

I'm doing fine. Last week we marked 75% of a family for baptism on 3-11-2017. Their names are Sandra (mom, 35), Odair (father, 35), Vinicious (son, 15), and Lorrayne (daughter, 9). Sandra, she is practically ready to be baptized. Odair, he is hard to meet in his house. Vinicious, the first time we taught him he didn't want anything to do with the church, but now he can't stop reading the Book of Mormon. Lorrayne, she has a problem with coffee, but we don't know if she has stopped yet because she is with her grandmother for Carnival. We already talked with Sandra about the temple and how families can be together forever, but we still need to have that conversation with Odair.

That's sad to hear that Blueberry is no longer with us. But I know that she is feeling much better now, and waiting for us. You and Dad made the right decision.

Last Tuesday at the temple, I saw the husband of Edi Costa e Silva and their oldest son. It was great. I also saw Vivian, Eric, and a few other members of that ward.

Yes, I was able to hear the voice memo you sent. Thank you so much for that!

My hands and feet are doing fine. I'm getting my fingerprints back again.

While returning from a zone conference on Friday that was in Villa Sonia, São Paulo, I saw someone with a MSU t-shirt, which was odd. So, I talked with him and learned that he was a foreign-exchange student Fall 2015 to Spring 2016 studying Biology.

It is great that you have a missionary in your ward whose family knows President and Sister Thomas. I will tell President Thomas during our next interview. You said Elder Michael Freeman is from Provo, Utah?

"So, roomer has it" that the Zone Leaders will be moved where I am, so my future here is in jeopardy. I already told President Thomas it is difficult to build friendships when I am always being transferred to a different area.

Unfortunately, I only have 8 minutes remaining.

Can you ask Reid Randall what he did to his hair?

I LOVE YOU AND DAD SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!


2-28-2017 Photo Courtesy of Vivian Queiroz








2-28-2017 Photo Courtesy of Vivian Queiroz




2-28-2017 Photo Courtesy of Vivian Queiroz

2-28-2017 Photo Courtesy of Vivian Queiroz

2-28-2017 Photo Courtesy of Vivian Queiroz

Conferência de Zona São Paulo e Osasco 3 de março de 2017

Conferência de Zona São Paulo e Osasco 3 de março de 2017
Elder Houghtaling and Elder Burt are sitting next to each other! :-)

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

Family Home Evening/Birthday Party for a Family in our Ward

"Favor Nao Jogar Lixo" (Please Do Not Throw Garbage)









A Cruze like my Dad's Car


I visited Sister Cox, a missionary who helps other missionaries.








Add caption



















Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, March 13, 2017


I' on. I'm currently through a mountain of emails...

I'm doing well. And yes that was a car accident that I saw from start to finish.

So, what happened is the car that is parked in the middle pulled out in front of the car parked in front, who didn't have any lights turned on. Angry, the car parked in front brake-checked the car in middle, unfortunately this car wasn't able to stop, and rear-ended the car parked in front.

Well, I baptizes Lorrayne today around 4:15. Her mom, Sandra, and brother, Vinicious, were baptizes by members of the ward. The baptism for the father is 24/3/2017. Hi is animate for the gospel, but addicted to coffee. Any suggestions?

I found a few (3) spireds in the bairro od Jardim das flores.

Well, our miccrowave meeds replacing... I broke the outlet trying to take the plug out as the microwave wasn't turning on.

Carta. Interview isn't this week, its next week.

We have had lots of rain. I wrote about it in my journal.

Yes, I received the email from Steve Siebers. I took photos of it so I can read it later. But I did read the part about Vance talking to a lady who was laying down watching the sky. At first they thought this was weir, but the Blue Angels appeared. Also, I responded to Brother Seibers.

I was looking at how much area mission SP North is taking of our area. I will send those photos tomorrow. I mean, the boundaries we already moved before I got here. I was just looking at the weird cut, and asking myself why cant' we have 100% of the city of Osasco. His name is Ismael. He is a convert from the Assembly of God.

Yes I recognize the man that you sent a photo of the man who says he is good friends with you, the man who knew about the baptism. 

I like the new parakeet we have now. I'm currently thinking of names. What names do you have in mind? You mentioned "Pimenta". When I think of Pimenta, I think red. Maybe a name more "suave". How about Nuvem, it means cloud. I love you!!!!!

One month and two weeks, One year!!!!

I weigh 71kg. I'm trying my hardest to increase this weight but it is hard.

Yes my shoes are comfortable. I needed to buy more shoe glue as the front tips are starting to peel off. I felt ripped off. Hands are healing, feet, not 100% yet.

I just downloaded the films of John Tannes and Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration.

I love you soooo much!!!!




Nova Granada B: Alexandra Pinheiro dos Santos Silva, Vinicius Mateus Pinheiro da Silva, Lorrayne Noemi Pinheiro da Silva








































Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment