Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Raposo Tavares Ward - Raposo Tavares Stake - May 8, 2017 and Mother's Day - May 14, 2017

Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Elder Houghtaling's Email
Monday, May 8, 2017


I'm on!

I'm currently reading through emails and photos.

No worries about my camera. I've just been forgetting to send photos. On Wednesday we din't have District Meeting, and on Sunday I forgot to send photos.

Have you seen the movie Saratov Approach? Its about missionaries in Russia that knock on the wrong door. Yep. That's the movie. I watched it last night with the Elders.

Roberto is doing well. He's the investigator that we've been talking about. He seems to have had a true conversion.

I have about 16 minutes remaining.

Yes, I was able to buy more garments. It was a few weeks ago when the missionaries got their flu shots.

Yes, everybody's healthy, except Elder Campos. 

About the photo with you and Lisa... Reese says, "That scratch will heal."

We have confirmed with a member, Almeir, for 1600hr our time on Sunday, I believe its 1500hr your time, is the time we will be talking with our families for Mother's Day.

We will have an interview with the President on Friday, May 12, 2017.

Has Dad read the letter I wrote to you both yet? Tell him I love him! I love you too! See you on Sunday. 























Brazil, São Paulo West Mission
São Paulo, Brazil

--
Mother's Day

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day was wonderful! I drove to Lansing to surprise my Mom during her Meridian Ward Sacrament meeting. Tylor and I enjoyed doing that before he left for his mission.

After Sacrament meeting I drove my mom back to her house, and my dad drove back to their house in their car. Kevin drove separately arriving at their house just after 2:00pm because he would need to leave early to drive home and sleep to be ready for work that night.

All of our family was there! My sister Wendi Berger Pennock, her daughter Kira Pennock, my sister Molly Berger, her son Bryan Bergman, and her daughters Hannah Bergman and Julienna Bergman, my brother Noah, my brother Jared Berger, and his daughter, Lola, were there. Wendi made her delicious lasagna and garlic knots. I made a salad. Molly made amazing rhubarb pies, and someone brought a cherry pie from the Grand Traverse pie company. Even the weather was perfect, 70 degrees and sunny all day long!

Earlier that day, Tylor sent me a photo with a message attached, saying "Our Skype location has moved, maybe the time as well. Have a good time at church!" So, I knew the 3:00pm time could be different.

I kept Skype launched on my phone since Sacrament meeting began at 1:00pm, just in case Tylor would try to Skype me. At around 3:14pm, Tylor emailed me asking, "What is your Skype account? I will allow my companion to Skype first. Vinicius is trying to be friends with you on FaceBook."

I added Vinicius and at about 4:00pm we were able to talk with Tylor. I loved seeing him and talking with him, and I was so glad that Tylor was able to talk with everyone. We switched from Skype to FaceBook Video Messenger because FaceBook Video Messenger worked so much better than Skype.

It was fun to talk with him, and hearing him struggle a bit with the English language. It only means he is becoming very fluent with Portuguese! He also informed us his the official end date of his mission will be April 3rd, 2018!!!

Meeting Vinicius, his wife, and Tylor's companion, Elder Do Carmo, was great! Tylor enjoyed talking with everyone and seeing Grandpa's whipped cream with pie!

It was hard to say good bye when our hour was complete. I was happy to know the next day would be his P-Day and I would be able to email him for another hour.

Mother's Day was wonderful!

There is only one more Skype/FaceBook call on Christmas Day, 2017, before Tylor comes home in April, 2018!






















Elder DoCarmo talking with His family

Sim!!! Yes!!!









Tylor would love to hear from you: tylor.houghtaling@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment